Sunday, January 3, 2016

Welcome to 2016!

I know I haven't written much lately, so it feels sort of weird to making a post like this now. The last few months have been extremely busy with me attempting to balance school, dance, other obligations and just time to relax. I hope this year I will be able to write more here because I love and enjoy it.

2015 has officially drawn to an end, and 2016 is here, whether we are ready for it or not. The new year time has often been a time of reflection for me, to help me see how far I have come in the past year and where I want to go in the future. It allows me to really look at the positives and negatives of the year, and from that, I can determine what type of resolutions I want to make.

Looking back at 2015, I see a lot of change in my life - some it good and some of it not so much. Looking at the positives, first, 2015 was a year of growing up and change. I had to make some decisions that were hard for me, but despite it all, I was given the strength to persevere and it ended up alright.  I also made a new friend who has been there for me unlike any other person has been before. During the summer, I got my first job babysitting that helped me learn responsibility and work. Sometimes it was exhausting, but for the most part, I loved being with the kids. I learned that I am capable of many things I never thought possible, and that has opened up a world of opportunity.

Of course, this whole year wasn't perfect. Sometimes I doubted myself, and there have been some rough goings. There were times when my faith wasn't as strong as I would have liked it to be. There were many trials, yet despite them all, I have managed to make it through them so far. 

As I look onto 2016, I see lots of changes and trials coming. I will be looking at colleges - a new and sort of scary thing for me to be doing. It will all end up with me at the end of the year applying to the colleges I look at near the end of this year; I'm not sure I am ready for that. Transitioning from high school to college is something unknown to me. I'm hoping that by dual enrolling this year, it will give me a taste of college and help me get more comfortable with the college atmosphere. This year, there are also many tests that I have to take in the coming months for school that can determine some things like which colleges, scholarships and stuff. While I dread taking tests like that, I am hoping for the best from them. On top of all of this, I have to sort through daily life and daily struggles. Sometimes it seems overwhelming, but I know I will be able to make it because God will give me the strength to get through it and I am blessed with people in my life whom I can talk through things with.

This year, I am trying to look at the year as a fresh, clean slate with many new opportunities on it. I have started by making some small goal resolutions to work towards and then will progressively add to them throughout the year. While most of my resolutions are personal, one resolution I am willing and able to share is that I want to grow in my faith. This year, I am trying to be more active in my faith by praying more, reading the Bible, journaling and living my faith. One of my friends and I are going to be trying to work on this together, so hopefully that will make me more motivated to follow through. I think that once one has a firm foundation in prayer and trust in God, the other problems and struggles that they deal with will fall more in place and be easier to deal with. 

I pray that y'all have a very blessed 2016!

~Emily Silverwing

No comments:

Post a Comment